October brings so much excitement to the community—the air is a little cooler, pumpkins embellish our yards, and the kids are preparing their costumes. Besides everyone’s favourite fall festivities, pumpkin picking and pie-baking, there are plenty of other fun things to do with the family to fill your calendar. One of my favourites is even located right in the heart of our community.
A Must-See Davisville Village Event
On November 1st, join the community for its annual Davisville Village Pumpkin Parade. The event, which has become a great success since it began in 2011, is a great opportunity to peruse dozens of your neighbours’ impressive jack-o’-lanterns or showcase your very own carved masterpiece. The much-anticipated event, which takes place at 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM at the June Rowlands Park, is a fall festivity definitely worth checking out.
Safety Tips for the Family
Don’t forget, now that it’s getting darker sooner, our community must work together to ensure the safety of our neighbours and children, especially on Halloween. Here are a couple of safety tips to keep extra safe this season:
• Drivers, please remember to be extra cautious behind the wheel on Halloween
• Pedestrians, please stay well-lit by using reflective accessories or glow sticks while walking
• Dress warmly and comfortably so you can all enjoy walking
• Plan your trick-or-treating route in advance to keep the family organized
• Always check the expiration dates and packaging of your child’s candy
• For additional information, click the link below
Halloween Safety Tips from ADT
Halloween is right around the corner. As your family prepares for haunted houses, trick-or-treating and other spooky festivities, remember to be safe this season. Keep these tips top of mind.
We are all looking forward to another fantastic fall season and Halloween with the family. I wish everyone in the community a safe and happy Halloween!
-Jethro Seymour, Top 1% Toronto Real Estate Broker at Royal LePage Terrequity, Seymour Real Estate Brokerage